Our Aims and Ethos
Twickenham Preparatory School was founded by a small group of parents in a church hall next to Twickenham Green in 1969. That small group wanted to establish a school which was pastoral, caring and sensitive to the needs of the individual child. Their founding aim is still the heart-beat of our school;
“Twickenham Preparatory School seeks to create a safe, caring and happy Christian environment in which all pupils are valued and thrive personally, socially and academically.”
In order to achieve this we seek to;
- Provide an excellent all-round education with subject specialisms and a vibrant and exciting extra-curricular programme.
- Encourage our pupils to live out our school motto in everything they do – to be; “Calm, Courageous, Courteous and Considerate.”
- Be pastorally sensitive to the needs of our pupils seeking to develop the confidence that they need to succeed.
- Encourage our pupils to be confident, not arrogant and aware of the needs of the world around them, having a big-hearted attitude and approach to the needs of others.
- Strive for excellence in all they do whether academically, sporting or in arts or music.
- Encourage our pupils to be respectful of all, irrespective of background, faith or culture.
Recently we asked our leavers to summarise their thoughts on the school and these are the most popular words that they came up with about our school;